Using Group Policy Editor is probably the best method, because it can be used either locally, on one computer, or in an Active Directory environment by utilizing the GPO power.
1. Press Start button + R (the Run command), type gpedit.msc and press Enter to launch the Group Policy Editor.
Note: In an Active Directory environment, open gpmc.msc and either edit an existing GPO, or create a new one and link it to the domain level, or to an OU of your choice.
2. In the left pane, expand User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer.
3. On the right pane, double-click on “Prevent performance of First Run Customize settings”. A new settings window will open up.
4. Set the value to “Enabled”.
5. In the options section you must choose one of the two options from the dropdown menu:
•Go directly to “Welcome To IE” page
•Go directly to home page
You need to choose one of the two, otherwise the configuration will not work.